Heritage Auction shipping Delay

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
JASONKFLO

Heritage Auction shipping Delay

Post by JASONKFLO » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:13 pm

I have won a few auctions on Heritage and received a email saying to expect a 3 to 5 week delay over normal shipping times . I then got another one saying to expect a 2 to 3 day delay. My 12/9 auction has not shipped so with the holidays I am leaning towards the 3 to 5 week delay. Just throwing that out there in case anyone has won anything and did not know that.
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

lured_in_again

Re: Heritage Auction shipping Delay

Post by lured_in_again » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Seeing that in normal purchase off the bay... the NE snow storm this past week had a serious effect on delivery. Or maybe it's those late mail in ballots? LOL

LateDateMorganGuy

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:18 pm

I have had shipping issues with HA since last May.

My fillet migons for XMAS Eve dinner out of PA have been delayed. May have to resort to hot dogs :roll:

JASONKFLO

Post by JASONKFLO » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:37 pm

In a strange twist of fate I just got a email saying both items shipped . They must check the VAMWorld forum out haha
Jason Floyd

HawkeEye

Post by HawkeEye » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:46 pm

My most recent purchase took a few days to get here, but given the state of things these days a minor issue.
Deep in the woods of North Georgia

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:39 pm

All bets are off as far as shipping is concerned right now. Heritage moved earlier in the year, and this caused problems then for a little while. I stopped shipping coins about a week ago and won't ship any more until Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if Heritage took heed of the "mailageddon" that was building up a few weeks ago and decided to throttle back on their outgoing to the extent that they could. They may also have shipping department staffing issues.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

JASONKFLO

Post by JASONKFLO » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:37 pm

yes I can understand that. I actually got both my coins yesterday the day after I got the confirmation. I was impressed especially since i just won the 1750 1 shilling on the last auction last week
Jason Floyd

Kurt28

Post by Kurt28 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:36 am

Not shipping coins, but I've had some of my first class letters take over 2 weeks.
Post office has slowed down.

TheYokel

Post by TheYokel » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:18 pm

I shipped from LA to Seattle, and after 8 days of disappearing into the ethereal, the package pulled a Houdini and reappeared in Boston 2 days ago.

LA to Seattle via Boston. Elapsed time: 12 days so far.

I have one coming in from Chicago that didn't even get scanned in for 6 days. So figure the larger hubs are/were running at least a week behind for even accepting packages, let alone getting them moving within the system.

Ship Registered, or make sure you stick a rosary in the box and say a prayer over it as you seal it.

Oh, and overnight express Fed-Ex is taking 7 days also... So it's not just the USPS...

🐜
It's coming... :popcorn: