Anacs YELLOW Newer/New /Cameo on Holders

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
morganman

Anacs YELLOW Newer/New /Cameo on Holders

Post by morganman » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:44 am

I posted about these a while back.
I am a total fan of these beauties PL/DMPL'S
I see premiums gaining and sales brisk as they gain interest overall
I am amassing quite a large collection as their real cool and gaining popularity
mighty fast.

Years ago i was right about PL & DMPL'S gaining popularity and value, as i scarfed em up
like candy on the cheap. All said & done i acquired several thousands over say 20 yrs ++
Been a great fun ride- I ignored my coin friends who advised against going the DMPL way,
and advised to just but ms66 +, Boy were they wrong!!

These Anacs cameo's are super IMHO- Cant believe the TPG group has not got smart
and jumped aboard. To much work for the idiots i guess. Guess you can tell im not a
PCGS/NGC fan, but were stuck with them sadly. IMHO of course LOL

And i certainly do have my opinions LOL
:|

vamnuke

Re: Anacs YELLOW Newer/New /Cameo on Holders

Post by vamnuke » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:31 pm

Agree; main focus is 1878 model year; I have always tried to acquire mirrored stuff; new yellow holder coins are nice

morganman

Post by morganman » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:38 pm

IMHO= Anacs has went overboard in grading mirrored Morgans, especially the last few yrs
about the time of new yellow holders. Way to conservative/stingy in giving the PL
and especially DMPL. Hence i love buying select PL and breaking out sending to PCGS
and receiving a DMPL back. I have had fun hand picking these and receiving dmpl
back from PCGS a good percentage of the time.

I think they are trying to compete with PCGS/NGC by being conservative, but submitters
of nice mirrored morgans are taking it on the chin financially. I refuse to submit these
dandies to them, and use PCGS. Sorry Anacs but your missing the boat on this issue,
and costing clients plenty.

evensocome

Post by evensocome » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:06 pm

It helps to understand the dilemma of P & N. There are only so many coins to grade when it comes to Morgan & Peace dollars (which are a huge portion of coins graded). So they need to have a way to keep those same coins coming back to them. So grading standards drift over time. They introduce new designations ("+" & stars for instance). And you can bet your bottom dollar (npi) that eventually both P and N will one day introduce cam and dcam designations. Hth.

alefzero

Post by alefzero » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:26 pm

What you see very rarely on the market anymore are the old ANACS UDMs. They were among the nicest and deepest DMPLs often out there. When I had my monster prooflike set, I had them well represented. I suspect most are now in PCGS DMPL holder, due to the market respect and valuation. I sent a few back to ANACS to get attributions on the tags, mostly int he "New Day" holder short period. They went from small white UDMs to Big, curved blue Cameo DMPL holders. BTW, when you find those holdered coins, be careful. They are also easy ejection holders. I must have about ten "raw" coins now that got an early release from their prisons. They fixed the problem with a better holder (that doesn't fit in the New Day 20-coin boxes though), I liked the smaller white holders best of all. Enough real estate to fit a big silver dollar but not so much excess plastic.

morganman

Post by morganman » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:38 am

John C; I love the ANACS sm wht UDM examples- I bought out a collection from a doctor
in ALABAMA about 15 yrs ago. I now have a huge UDM collection