General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Anyone ever encounter this with a 1924 Peace Dollar? Multiple strikes from different directions. The strikes are very light and all outside of Liberty’s profile. There is also similar doubling around the outline of the head. Thanks.
- EACCD035-B9D5-4D00-AF6D-21EAE73B5A6E.jpeg (168.98 KiB) Viewed 163 times
- 043BCB9E-5085-4AAD-9C7C-7F02A10AF5FF.jpeg (165.41 KiB) Viewed 163 times
- C90865EB-5E62-4B01-8471-3786C80229FB.jpeg (192 KiB) Viewed 163 times
- BEA74548-B30C-4999-B65D-39F7920BBE04.jpeg (338.64 KiB) Viewed 163 times
- 5F3F6AF7-F09D-4782-B174-BE0C8D754889.jpeg (290.9 KiB) Viewed 163 times
That almost looks like someone traced the outline of the design with a pin or something. It might be machine doubling, but it is not a doubled die.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.