O/T or NOT, I NEED SOME ECON 101

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
VAM-PIRE

O/T or NOT, I NEED SOME ECON 101

Post by VAM-PIRE » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:22 pm

GOOD DAY V WORLD, LET'S GET TO THE POINT. WHY IS THE GOVT PRINTING MONEY TO PAY BILLS SO BAD? I AM TOLD THAT IT IS INFLATIONARY, WHICH TELLS ME NOTHING. WHAT REALLY IS INFLATION, AND HOW IS IT VIOLATED BY INCREASES IN THE MONEY SUPPLY? I THINK I WIL LEAVE IT BE FOR NOW, AND SEE IF THE NUMISMATIC BRAINIACS CAN CLEAR MY BRAIN A BIT. THANKS!!!!

lured_in_again

Re: O/T or NOT, I NEED SOME ECON 101

Post by lured_in_again » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:44 pm

Inflation is when something is BIGGER than it needs to be? :lol:

Vam-mysterio

Post by Vam-mysterio » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:12 pm

I would ask Vam-helsin

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:45 pm

Inflation is not rising prices, ricing prices is a result of inflating the paper (and now electronic) money supply. Inflation refers to printing more money, see that dictionary meanings have been altered recently in order to obfuscate the real meaning of inflation. Even Tucker Carleson got this wrong in a recent video of his. It is pretty hard to discuss ecomonics when the world is being told a false narrative regarding what inflation really is.

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:46 pm

...rising prices... Rising prices is one of the results of inflating the paper money supply.

RogerB

Post by RogerB » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:39 pm

At the risk of maintaining an O/T thread, here's a very brief excerpt from my next book. It should help dispel the confusion -- at least a little.

Common usage of the term “inflation” applies to a rapid increase in price when work/paid hours work remains static or decreases. A simple, commonly used definition of the word inflation is simply “an increase in the price you pay for goods.” In other words, it is a decline in the purchasing power of your money.

But there are really two kinds of inflation and they are not always tightly connected and are not necessarily causally associated. The definition above refers to “price inflation,” which is how the term is commonly used (or misused). The other kind of inflation is “monetary inflation.” This is the economic term for increasing the supply of money. Monetary inflation dos not necessarily result in price inflation. At less than full employment monetary inflation will not cause price inflation. It is only when unemployment is very low, or when there are outside distorting forces, such as large increases in the price of oil, that the prices of ordinary commodities increase beyond a modest rate.

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:30 am

Rather than nations coining their own currency (a right of nations), the governments borrow money from banks that the banks make out of thin air, then saddles the citizenry not only on the debt, but force the citizenry to pay compound interest on this fraudulent debt. Rather than be concerned with this nation-destroying fraud, people are instead taught to think of rising prices of their consumer goods.

RogerB

Post by RogerB » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:44 am

Banks don't "manufacture money."

Expansion of money supply is a product of expansion of economic activity, which uses part of the additional supply to create both broad and specialized growth. However, too much of one distorts and eventually damages the other. Excess money supply contraction can be as detrimental as excess expansion...especially when promoted for political dogma rather than independent economic judgement.

This, for those who have not examined the reasons for one-party totalitarian government failures, is a prime cause of the demise of most dogmatic Communist, Nazi, Theocratic and other dictatorial governments. Economic expansion is an outcome of innovation, competition, personal advancement and other tenants of moderate capitalism. At present, Vietnam and Communist China have avoided the failure of the USSR and others, by catering to individual competition and greed while maintaining tight political and personal rights control. It is questionable how long that can be maintained under their present systems.

RogerB

Post by RogerB » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:28 pm

This is really not a place for discussions of economics - theoretical or practical.

Please enjoy collecting VAMS and be comfortable that Morgan dollars were not inflationary; they were a subsidy of silver producers which, unrecognized by the sponsors, aided production of antimony, bismuth, copper, lead, tin and other industrial metals.

:)

vamsterdam

Post by vamsterdam » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:47 pm

really, this is a place for vams, and uplifting themes and sometimes obituaries. why the need to share the bitter, negative stuff that we have to see on tv and social media?

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:54 pm

vamsterdam: "...why the need to share the bitter, negative stuff that we have to see on tv and social media?"

The Constitution of the United States of America commands us to utilize only gold and silver coinage for money, it is hardly a bitter and negative document, and those espousing the merits of such document should not be accused of bitterness and negativity. The banks are now in charge of creating "money", and lending this "money" at compound interest to the American government and people, and by doing so have turned Americans into slaves.

RogerB

Post by RogerB » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:45 pm

Sorry Flat-Chested, but you are entirely incorrect. You appear to be repeating dogma, not facts. If that presumption is correct, there's nothing more to be said; and this thread is just a waste of time.

RWB

vampicker

Post by vampicker » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:45 pm

I've never been bought and sold at auction, and I've never had to witness my child being subjected to the same. I've never suffered thru a lifetime of forced labor or have been bred like cattle. I fail to see how an instrument of federal debt used as an ordinary tool of commerce is in any way equivalent to being subjected to slavery.
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

alefzero

Post by alefzero » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:11 am

Additionally, there is no way we could collateralize our money supply today with PMs or any other commodities. And money really shouldn't be a store of wealth but a means to facilitate multilateral trade (as opposed to "I'll trade you a gross of eggs for a bushel of wheat" primitive bilateral trade). It might end up that cybercash, like Bitcoin, in some internationally regulated incarnation will ultimately be where we go. Probably not within our lifetimes.

VAM-PIRE

Post by VAM-PIRE » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:27 am

WOW, First, Please be nice to each other. Second, Thanks to every one for the well-presented comments and ideas. Finally, I still don't get it. I need an example, like cookies and quarters.

Cookies-25 cents each. I have a dollar, so I can buy 4. Later, I get an email from the Treasury Dept. informing me that $100 has been deposited into my account, so I go buy 400 cookies. The cookie vendor now needs more cookies, so he goes to the store for supplies. Some where in that short scenario I got lost. Eventually, the Govt is going to have to cover the $100 gift, but when, and how? Somebody please take the ball and run with it.

Thanks

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:49 am

The bank made some “money” out of thin air and loaned it out. The bank wants compound interest on this “money” but never made any of this extra “money” to be used later as interest. Since no “money” was made to pay the compound interest, people are going to have to compete hard with each other and try to come up with some of this paper “money” so they can pay the compound interest on their bogus debt. So desperate are people to obtain some of this “money” so they can pay the compound interest on their debt, that they will sell themselves or commit other crimes. You may read about the bogus paper money in "The Grip of Death: A Study of Modern Money, Debt Slavery, and Destructive Economics" by Michael Rowbotham. Some people are smart and manage to earn plenty of this “money” and retain a position in the middle-class, most people though lose their homes and end up living in tents under bridges and overpasses.

vamsterdam

Post by vamsterdam » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:06 pm

sorry about my response. i thought this was about to be another ugly negative post. someone has been posting some rather harsh and negative stuff recently and i thought this was more of the same. i see the way it started out and everything was in all caps(like someone is shouting), and i was defensive. i see so much negative on facebook, and there are people on there that are argumentative and like to start fights because they are bored, or worse. oh well, back to cats, and food posts..oh wait, vams? what are they?

VAM-PIRE

Post by VAM-PIRE » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:16 pm

Gents, I was not trying to start any "S", just looking for info, OBTW, the all caps were for me and my poor eye sight. Thanks again for all the input. This topic is so complicated it's hard to ask a question. If I ever figure it out, I'll report back. Meanwhile, I will continue with my semi annual, allowed O/T queries until stopped by the bosses.

GOT VAMS ?