Virtual VAM Thing?

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
LateDateMorganGuy

Virtual VAM Thing?

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:44 pm

I know I am probably not the only one that would really like to attend an in-person FUN Show and VAM Thing next January. But somehow I wonder if there will be one or both. If there is, it will look quite different than in the past. This goes for both the FUN Show and VAM Thing.

I don't like throwing ideas out that can't be actualized without a lot of work on someone's part. But here goes anyway.

Has a Virtual VAM Thing been considered if the in-person event does not happen?

If it maybe makes sense, and is work that nobody has time to organize and plan for, maybe the SSDC could hire someone to get the logistics together and pay for it out of the SSDC coffers? Seems like a good use of SSDC funds.

messydesk
Site Admin

Re: Virtual VAM Thing?

Post by messydesk » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:37 am

We could do a Zoom webinar. In that format, a moderator controls who can speak and be seen and attendee questions come over chat. A link could be posted here and on other social media platforms and sent out in a VAM-e. All presenters would have to rehearse the format to make sure they could present on whatever technology they have at hand. This includes using their webcam and sharing PowerPoint slides over Zoom. A non-presenter would have to make sure attending as a non-presenter worked and the moderator would have to practice controlling who can speak. We did the ANA eLearning webinar this way, including getting the timing down. The entire VAM Thing wouldn't have to be rehearsed, since our time restrictions aren't the same, just the technical stuff.

If VAM Thing XVIII needs to be a webinar, it might be possible to have the ANA host it for us through their eLearning platform, as they're still doing webinars as people come up with them. They're quite adept at this format now. I'm not sure about how much notice they'd need.

If we go in person to a reduced audience, we might be able to stream it over Facebook Live or YouTube, which doesn't require an account to watch. Even better would be if FUN streamed all their educational seminars over FB Live or YouTube. I have no idea who in that organization would be able to do this, or if it would be something David Lisot and/or Charles Morgan could be contracted to do.

The cologne would have to stay with its current steward, though.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

CascadeChris

Post by CascadeChris » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:25 am

messydesk wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:37 am
The cologne would have to stay with its current steward, though.
Burn! Didn't think of that. Who has it again? What a cherry on top of the dumpster fire that is 2020 for whoever ended up with that right before the shit hit the fan :lol: :?
Alonzi VW 2.0!

vampicker

Post by vampicker » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:58 am

Russ 'courtesy' of Pete. I got to watch part of the show the next morning when he was getting ready to leave the hotel. Still kinda makes me laugh now. I've been a past 'awardee' but I didn't have to fly with it
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

Longstrider

Post by Longstrider » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:48 pm

@messydesk The ANA idea seems like a great one to me. They are doing a great job with their Webinar eLearning. Brianna seems to have it all down. I really enjoyed and learned form all the ones I attended and that is most of them. Thanks.🐍

Longstrider

Post by Longstrider » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:49 pm

What is the deal with the cologne thing?🐍

CascadeChris

Post by CascadeChris » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:54 pm

Longstrider wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:49 pm
What is the deal with the cologne thing?🐍
Its the equivalent of Tiny's overalls at the Summer Seminar YN auction if you've been to that. If not, I'll let JR or JB explain more in depth but its basically a gag gift auctioned off to raise money for the SSDC..

O/T PS.. Sadly tho, with Tiny's passing the overalls thing might be a gaping noticeable hole missing from future SS YN auction fun unless its kept on as tradition (hopefully 🤞)
Last edited by CascadeChris on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alonzi VW 2.0!

Longstrider

Post by Longstrider » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:59 pm

Yeah, I've been there before. Tiny will be missed. The ANA did a very nice memorial as one of there Webinar Elessons. OK. I get it now. Thanks.🐍

LateDateMorganGuy

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:44 pm

Here is a link to what I think the "fund raiser" is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Avon-c ... 4599638761

This may be another photo.
Attachments
il_794xN.1915387903_1ytm.jpg
il_794xN.1915387903_1ytm.jpg (84.13 KiB) Viewed 466 times