OT... How are you gonna handle the next 2 weeks?

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
CascadeChris

Re: OT... How are you gonna handle the next 2 weeks?

Post by CascadeChris » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:55 pm

Longstrider wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:30 pm
As a fellow CA guy I will say that would suck. My wife works at a retail grocery store. They are now called "front line" workers.. Thank God she doesn't check, usually. She says the panic is starting to die down. They are getting very limited amounts of stock. The crazies are staying home now.
My brother is a manager at a major chain here. The CEO did a conference call with all 200+ managers and it wasn't good. Theres a huge supply shortage coming and they are pairing down all offerings. We are only going to be seeing a handful of brands in the coming weeks/months with projections of possibly the next 2 years. Guys, VAM fiends, I implore you... GET PREPARED FOR A WORSE CASE SCENARIO because all available evidence says we are in for one hell of a rough ride in the coming months.

Let's hope this Chloroquine + Azithromiocyn treatment really is the silver bullet for Covid-19 that it seems to be!
Alonzi VW 2.0!

Longstrider

Post by Longstrider » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Same deal for my wife's store, except the 2 years part. No one really knows. They too are getting barely anything to stock. They have cut the store hours and are letting old guys like me come in early before the regular opening times. Only 100 people in the store at any one time, including employees that are now called "Front Line" workers. No more newspaper adds. Sneezes shields between customers and checkers. Only three spaced checkers and one entry door open. Most customers paying with plastic. Banks are worse here. I expect a run on the banks soon. Just when people were starting to calm down. CRAZY, CRAZY!🐍

VAM-PIRE

Post by VAM-PIRE » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:14 am

RE: Pic of Lady Lib w/ medical mask-Would that be details, mint error, perhaps wrapper malfunction, discovery piece ???

Kurt28

Post by Kurt28 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:07 am

I didn't think I would mind the quarantine. But it is getting harder knowing all the excitement in town that I am missing.
Attachments
Blotter.jpg
Blotter.jpg (111.23 KiB) Viewed 299 times