Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
Post Reply
jgrinz
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by jgrinz » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:00 pm

Disappointed with the 1900-o Result but this was a fun find …
Is this a MIS-MARK for NGC - Dont they attribute for a large error like this ??
Enjoy

1880cc_1.jpg
1880cc_1.jpg (173.06 KiB) Viewed 207 times
1880cc_2.jpg
1880cc_2.jpg (345.03 KiB) Viewed 207 times
80_79_78.jpg
80_79_78.jpg (138.17 KiB) Viewed 207 times
Image

colwillys
Posts: 641
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by colwillys » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:46 pm

That is a nice find . Nice Coin . WTG I got the attribution my mail box .

User avatar
ljs123
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:16 pm

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by ljs123 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:52 pm

Very Nice :D

"Is this a MIS-MARK for NGC" Not really, it is a 1880-CC Rev of 78.

"Dont they attribute for a large error like this ??" Yes and no. I think that they do attribute that VAM, but not until they are asked and paid to make the attribution on the label.

User avatar
PacificWR
Posts: 1122
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 12:17 pm
Location: Kansas Flint Hills
Contact:

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by PacificWR » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:02 am

WTG!

User avatar
messydesk
Site Admin
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 1:57 am

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by messydesk » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 am

They should have put 1880/79-CC on the label without being asked. Adding "VAM 4" would have cost extra.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

jgrinz
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by jgrinz » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:31 pm

messydesk wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 am
They should have put 1880/79-CC on the label without being asked. Adding "VAM 4" would have cost extra.
I think so too checking their site.
Probably under a review process wouldn't you think ?
Image

colwillys
Posts: 641
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by colwillys » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:59 pm

It is all about the money .

User avatar
messydesk
Site Admin
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 1:57 am

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by messydesk » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:33 pm

jgrinz wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:31 pm
messydesk wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 am
They should have put 1880/79-CC on the label without being asked. Adding "VAM 4" would have cost extra.
I think so too checking their site.
Probably under a review process wouldn't you think ?
I'd recommend contacting them to see how to get the mistake (80/79 omission) corrected. Best case they offer to do it at no charge.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

User avatar
vampicker
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:48 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by vampicker » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:59 pm

80-CC Rev of 78 without the overdate is actually a tougher coin
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

jgrinz
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by jgrinz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:44 am

messydesk wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:33 pm
jgrinz wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:31 pm
messydesk wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 am
They should have put 1880/79-CC on the label without being asked. Adding "VAM 4" would have cost extra.
I think so too checking their site.
Probably under a review process wouldn't you think ?
I'd recommend contacting them to see how to get the mistake (80/79 omission) corrected. Best case they offer to do it at no charge.
They said $15 add shipping and insurance both ways for variety plus
Image

jgrinz
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by jgrinz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:45 am

vampicker wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:59 pm
80-CC Rev of 78 without the overdate is actually a tougher coin
I was surprised to see it so clearly.
thx
Image

User avatar
messydesk
Site Admin
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 1:57 am

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by messydesk » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:23 am

jgrinz wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:44 am
They said $15 add shipping and insurance both ways for variety plus
It is a Red Book variety, so it shouldn't need to go through a Variety Plus submission. At any rate, it's something I'd have taken care of at a show.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

jgrinz
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by jgrinz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:44 am

messydesk wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:23 am
jgrinz wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:44 am
They said $15 add shipping and insurance both ways for variety plus
It is a Red Book variety, so it shouldn't need to go through a Variety Plus submission. At any rate, it's something I'd have taken care of at a show.
Np I have a list after going through 106 coins. Coins that have to go to both place NGC - PCGS / Then some obscure ones off to anacs. Gotta have a few better quarter before that happens.
Got about 10 left
Image

User avatar
vampicker
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:48 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by vampicker » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:23 am

So on a related note, this showed up today. Was going to add it to my set until I took a closer look....
Attachments
DSCN1699.JPG
DSCN1699.JPG (214.34 KiB) Viewed 93 times
IMG_9250.JPG
IMG_9250.JPG (101.27 KiB) Viewed 93 times
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

jgrinz
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by jgrinz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:50 pm

Very nice ...
Image

jgrinz
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Re: Todays fun find "My Attribution Project" - '80/'79 cc REV '78

Post by jgrinz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:55 pm

NGC does not use the red book for deciding what they will label for varieties.
It is not on their main list for 1883cc but is under a varieties listing so its a business practice
Image

Post Reply