OBTW

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
VAM-PIRE

OBTW

Post by VAM-PIRE » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Happy 4th to all my VAM BROTHERS, and SISTERS !!!!!

collectinsince65

Re: OBTW

Post by collectinsince65 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:23 pm

Happy 4Th to All!

jrfaust

Post by jrfaust » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Happy 4th everyone!!!! :D
Who is John Galt?

dave700x

Post by dave700x » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:42 pm

Absolutely! Many thanks to all who sacrificed so this day can be celebrated!!!!
1883-O nut

PacificWR

Post by PacificWR » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:02 am

Happy and safe 4th of July to all. We all should pause for a moment today and remember what the true cost of Freedom for America is.

andywoj00

Post by andywoj00 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:27 am

Got this from one of my ammo suppliers. Pretty much says it all on a day like today....Andy

Independence! That word, by itself, is the reason I love this holiday so much. The people that conceived and brought forth the Declaration of Independence were a special breed. It was one thing to complain about taxes. It was one thing to complain about the standing army. It was one thing to complain about a lack of representation. But these Americans didn't post their frustrations on Facebook and then go back to playing Candy Crush on their Iphones. They didn't hold hands and block some highway. They took their beef with the government and they went out to STOP the government from acting badly. They knew that a hanging was the punishment for their treason. They risked it all and they put their lives on the line for the notion and hope that God would sustain the principle of Independence. "And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor."

The heavens smiled upon America and saw fit to grant us our independence. The concept of freedom and liberty was given it's shot. And I believe it was right and good. I believe that our Creator gave us free choice for a reason. I believe that the concept of freedom and free-will is more important than any sense of security that could be provided by an unchecked government. That concept is what this country was founded upon, and our founders believed in it so much that they were willing to fight the most powerful military in the world to "throw off such government." I thank God that such men and women existed.

This is still the greatest country in the world, but I believe we are headed down a path that leads to the same absolute despotism that the founders complained of. I believe that the time is at hand that we warn our federal government of their abuses. And if they continue to declare our natural rights as felonious crimes, then the time will come when Americans will need to stand up for ourselves again and demand that the individual be respected again.

In the meantime, we can vote, we can protest, and we can speak, but we owe it to those who sacrificed for the freedoms we have today, to fight for them! To demand fairness and liberty from those who would govern. It is our right to "alter or abolish" a government that would seek to steal our freedom. "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

I wish peace for America and for my children and their future decendents. I wish for security for our towns and cities. Do not listen to those who would argue that the risk of injury or injustice justifies a stonger government. History has proven that the far greater risk to our lives, libery, and pursuit of happiness isn't any individual, but rather our own government. I believe that when a government pretends to promise safety and security by limiting a right, that the same safety and security that is being promised is actually being stolen. Time and time again in history the same governments that have promised salvation to the people have been the governments that destroy the most. Let us not demand security and safety of our government, rather, let us demand our right to provide it for ourselves. As Thomas Jefferson once said, "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." - "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

As long as we keep the spirit of independence alive I feel that there is hope for peace in America. God bless you this weekend and God bless America!

tmanhg

Post by tmanhg » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:04 am

AMEN !! Andy. The time is fast approaching for that to happen too.

PacificWR

Post by PacificWR » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:41 am

Amen! Is oh so right.

bob259

Post by bob259 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Yes, we are at a cross roads. Apathy got us here and now we need to wake up and make sure we vote and speak out. Freedom is not free as history has shown. Get active or we will truly go down a destructive path culminating in an ugly battle some day.

VAM-PIRE

Post by VAM-PIRE » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:00 pm

Well said my friends, AMEN !