"Board attachment quota has been reached"

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
Post Reply
DHalladay
Posts: 1780
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 4:38 pm

"Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by DHalladay » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:34 pm

WOW!
I just got this message from the system when I tried attaching a photo to a new message thread. Anyone know what this means... and how badly screwed we are??
When in doubt... don't.

User avatar
CascadeChris
Posts: 2485
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:41 pm

Re: "Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by CascadeChris » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:56 pm

Ruh Roh. Time for some JB magic :oops:
Alonzi VW 2.0!

User avatar
TheYokel
Posts: 1552
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:23 am
Location: Death Valley (seriously)

Re: "Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by TheYokel » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:14 pm

It's because of the 700+ listings for 1921 scribbles and 1922 peace dollars... Calling it now lol :lol:

(I always blame scribbles when possible... They're evil anyways)
"There is no E"...

Top 100: 27 -- Hot 50: 6 -- Top 50: 4 -- Elite 30: 2 -- K12: 2

User avatar
LorenAlbert
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 11:19 am
Contact:

Re: "Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by LorenAlbert » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:17 pm

TheYokel wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:14 pm
It's because of the 700+ listings for 1921 scribbles and 1922 peace dollars... Calling it now lol :lol:
(I always blame scribbles when possible... They're evil anyways)
Oh man! Laughing. The listings are on a different virtual server. The forum attachments do not add to the Wiki storage unless John has some virtual sharing setup. Thus, this is apt to come back to you. But, I defend you. That and a dime..... Loren

User avatar
TheYokel
Posts: 1552
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:23 am
Location: Death Valley (seriously)

Re: "Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by TheYokel » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:22 pm

LorenAlbert wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:17 pm
TheYokel wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:14 pm
It's because of the 700+ listings for 1921 scribbles and 1922 peace dollars... Calling it now lol :lol:
(I always blame scribbles when possible... They're evil anyways)
Oh man! Laughing. The listings are on a different virtual server. The forum attachments do not add to the Wiki storage unless John has some virtual sharing setup. Thus, this is apt to come back to you. But, I defend you. That and a dime..... Loren
i should have reached my limit months ago :lol:
"There is no E"...

Top 100: 27 -- Hot 50: 6 -- Top 50: 4 -- Elite 30: 2 -- K12: 2

lured_in_again
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:16 pm

Re: "Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by lured_in_again » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Feel free to delete anything I have posted to make room.............

User avatar
TheYokel
Posts: 1552
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:23 am
Location: Death Valley (seriously)

Re: "Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by TheYokel » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:18 pm

lured_in_again wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:13 pm
Feel free to delete anything I have posted to make room.............
Same. Anything older than 30 days old, feel free to purge from my history. I save all photos on my personal imgur album anyways ;)

Edit: So. This apparently stems from members saving their pictures directly to the website to upload them. I think I'm the only one that saves to an outside source and links my img tags to an outside sever host, and I'm the only one not having issues...

Thank God it wasn't me... This time :lol:
"There is no E"...

Top 100: 27 -- Hot 50: 6 -- Top 50: 4 -- Elite 30: 2 -- K12: 2

User avatar
messydesk
Site Admin
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 1:57 am

Re: "Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by messydesk » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:28 pm

I just took care of it. The quota was set for 1 GB of attachments for the board, which is a lot considering the upload size is already limited, and we reached it inside of 7 months. There's no current need to remove old posts, and I don't plan on doing this unless it really becomes a problem.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

DHalladay
Posts: 1780
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: "Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by DHalladay » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:34 pm

John:
Many thanks for the information... and what a relief.
So the "quota limit" is a board thing, not an individual poster thing?
When in doubt... don't.

User avatar
messydesk
Site Admin
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 1:57 am

Re: "Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by messydesk » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:24 pm

DHalladay wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:34 pm
John:
Many thanks for the information... and what a relief.
So the "quota limit" is a board thing, not an individual poster thing?
Yes. It's a configuration of the board software. I remember it now from when I was first setting it up, and decided to leave the default value to see how long it would take to reach it. Now I know.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

User avatar
...kenny
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 11:58 pm
Location: Big Rock, New Hampshire
Contact:

Re: "Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by ...kenny » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:30 pm

So that means, I won the pool! You remember, I posted 7 months, 1 GB on April 27th... :lol:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my.........Ah........Uhm........something, something, something..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

VAM-PIRE
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:35 am

Re: "Board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by VAM-PIRE » Thu May 02, 2019 7:11 pm

We all won. Thanks to all that were in on this fix. I'm totally anal about photos.

Post Reply