General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
TheYokel

Re: IN NEED OF DIRECTION

Post by TheYokel » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:20 pm

CascadeChris wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:59 pm
colwillys wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:22 pm
The DARK SIDE is the better part of VAM collecting .. or the step child to the Morgan .
As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder . Love you Walt .. :lol:
Unfortunately, Peace dollars are still going for crap money, generally. Although I haven't sold or can remember seeing any of the cool ones with nice big well-placed breaks sell recently. Think I might need to pick a few up to test the social media waters in open bidding 🤔
I've been getting more and more into hunting the cool peace VAMs just because of the cost of entry right now.

$25-$30 will generally get you a fairly junk Morgan or something that's had the feathers polished off it... $25-$30 can get you a really sharp BU peace dollar.

The problem (and potential) with peace dollars is that the breaks are often so dang noticeable that they get pulled out even by laymen collectors that might not even know what a VAM is, lol... :)

I say potential because there's no way in hell that prices on BU peace dollars with dramatic die breaks doesn't catch on soon, and hunting them for $30 is going to seem like the golden days...
It's coming... :popcorn: