Chrome vs. Firefox

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
rodmeader

Chrome vs. Firefox

Post by rodmeader » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:34 pm

When I login using Chrome, my username and password is remembered by the BB. All I have to do is click on Login and I'm in the BB.

When I login using Firefox, my username and password is never remembered by the BB. Therefore, I have to fill in my username and password, then click on Login.

I could use only Chrome but that affects the hi-res images that I post externally to the BB. What happens is that when you click on my image, it jumps immediately to native resolution, by passing an intermediary size. My native resolution makes for one very large image that shows a lot of details. If you are looking for details, native resolution is the way to go.

But, with Firefox, that jump to native resolution does not occur. There is that transition from BB size, to intermediary size, and then finally to native resolution. A much better viewing flow.

Don't know why this difference between Chrome and Firefox occurs. But thought I had best mention this anomaly.

I hope I will be able to continue to post hi-res images from an external source after the transition from the old to the new VW.

HawkeEye

Re: Chrome vs. Firefox

Post by HawkeEye » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:37 am

I am using Edge with no issues and it remembers ID and password info
Deep in the woods of North Georgia

rodmeader

Post by rodmeader » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Thanks for the information. I'll look into Edge.

J.Austin

Post by J.Austin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:11 pm

You have to tell FireFox to remember

rodmeader

Post by rodmeader » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 am

I tried that, but it won't take. It's got to be something on my end. Chrome worked just fine.