Meet your new Official Attributors

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
messydesk
Site Admin

Meet your new Official Attributors

Post by messydesk » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:23 am

I left this out of the previous announcement, because it hadn't been totally figured out yet.

Going forward, Morgan dollars will be attributed by me and John Roberts, and Peace dollars will be handled by David Close. The exact logistics of this, including guidelines for submissions, will be worked out between the three of us, quite possibly at the FUN show. I intend to merge my part of the process into my attribution service, so instead of getting a letter from me to send a coin to Leroy, you'll get a new discovery letter and the DC label on your coin right away.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

alefzero

Re: Meet your new Official Attributors

Post by alefzero » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:49 am

So your VARslabs should increase in volume significantly, with the already slabbed reverse labeled. My presumption is that JR will do his as part of the grading process and would simply add the attribution to the labels, and would do the honors of easily transferring the discovery provenance of your raw VARslabs to ANACS discovery labels if sent in for grading. (Though will ANACS allow that since usually they come in as raw in flips?) What would the route be for the Peace? Will DC only do a letter and it could go through the two other channels later, if wanted? Anyway, it appears this will be pretty seamless to integrate the process with updating here at VW. If fogie is in the process, we could keep the SSDC Registry up to date as well. A digital email letter perhaps? Or we could just use admin privs for you 3 will just a short primer on how we process changes. (Better to initially let Brent or I do them.)

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:00 am

All food for thought. As I said, lots of logistics to work out. I imagine we'll CC you and Brent to update the registry for changes.

vampicker

Post by vampicker » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:23 am

For my part I'm honored to be an integral part of this going forward. I envision most if not all new Morgan listings being signed off on by both John and myself. Not necessarily in hand by both, but I do see a LOT of emails going back and forth. And there is no one more qualified to make determinations on Peace Dollars than Dr. Close.
As John said, we have a lot of details to work out, but a solid framework for the future is already emerging.
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

Tekkie1

Post by Tekkie1 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:31 am

Well congrats to you all.
Sounds like you guys will have your hands full.
Hope it all goes well.

DHalladay

Post by DHalladay » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:05 am

This is great, GREAT news... especially since these people have all the skill and experience and respect and integrity in the world to do the job right! :D
(Massive sigh of relief here.)
Last edited by DHalladay on Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When in doubt... don't.

fogie

Post by fogie » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:29 am

Way way cool! I am very happy to say congratulations to the three of you!

vamnuke

Post by vamnuke » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:24 pm

:D

LateDateMorganGuy

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:27 pm

Sounds interesting and fun at the same time. Hopefully all the logistics can be ironed out and presented at the VAM Thing. A moderated Q&A session at the VAM Thing might be something to consider for the agenda. Not sure if it is possible, but a presentation from Michael Fey about the acquisition might also be interesting. So much to think about.

Best of luck on this new endeavor! Can't wait to see what happens to the first submission of 100 1921-Ps :popcorn:

HawkeEye

Post by HawkeEye » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:48 pm

Great move and one that will benefit the VAMing community.
Deep in the woods of North Georgia

jrfaust

Post by jrfaust » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:08 pm

This is awesome news, congrats to all 3 of you! :D So who do I call the Grand Poobah? ;) :lol: Maybe Dr. Close will be Grand Poobah of the DarkSide and John and John will be Grand Poobah 1 and 2. hehehehehehehe :lol: :popcorn:
Who is John Galt?

Mike7E

Post by Mike7E » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:23 pm

Good news indeed. This will be a good process and will avoid having to do two submissions (one to Leroy, one for grading and slabbing). I look forward to seeing the submission guidelines and hope that guys like me that over-analyze each new find can submit our case like we do on VAMWorld 2.0.
Thanks in advance to you three gentlemen for stepping up to this challenge.

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:55 pm

LateDateMorganGuy wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:27 pm
Sounds interesting and fun at the same time. Hopefully all the logistics can be ironed out and presented at the VAM Thing. A moderated Q&A session at the VAM Thing might be something to consider for the agenda. Not sure if it is possible, but a presentation from Michael Fey about the acquisition might also be interesting. So much to think about.

Best of luck on this new endeavor! Can't wait to see what happens to the first submission of 100 1921-Ps :popcorn:
Brent will be waiting a while to get them back. :D

colwillys

Post by colwillys » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:10 pm

Congrats to JB JR and Dr. Close .. This could be the Triad for VAMMING .
WoW what a work load, love you all .

weth

Post by weth » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:22 pm

I am so heartened to hear that it's you three taking on this mantle and sharing this load, as you're all clearly so knowledgeable and passionate about die varieties. Congratulations!

Will there be any change in the format of new designations to signify that they are post-LVA?

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:41 pm

weth wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:22 pm
I am so heartened to hear that it's you three taking on this mantle and sharing this load, as you're all clearly so knowledgeable and passionate about die varieties. Congratulations!

Will there be any change in the format of new designations to signify that they are post-LVA?
Not my intention. It needs to look like a smooth transition and an orderly continuation of the catalog. I'd go as far to say that we also need to be consistent with his vocabulary and phraseology. One shouldn't be able to tell the difference, and it shouldn't matter.

davidkclose

Post by davidkclose » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:17 pm

I am honored to serve in this way, and am looking forward to collaboration with others to further advance knowledge in silver dollar collecting.

Kurt28

Post by Kurt28 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:59 pm

I have no doubt that the transition will go smoothly.
The process is in very competent hands.
I hope that Leroy views this episode as one more accomplishment made possible only through his efforts and coordination.

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:28 pm

Kurt28 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:59 pm
I have no doubt that the transition will go smoothly.
The process is in very competent hands.
I hope that Leroy views this episode as one more accomplishment made possible only through his efforts and coordination.
Leroy is happy with the way things are going.

Mhomei

Post by Mhomei » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:05 pm

congrats to all three of ya!!!
all 3 are some of the hardest working people in our small little VW