Western Canadian Archives SFLN Collection

Post advertisements for direct or eBay sales, want lists, and items for trade here
Forum rules
Commercial posts may be made here. Group all coin sales under a single thread. All offers to sell must include a price. Please edit your posts after selling items to keep this board cleaned up. Do not post your phone number or address here, for security reasons.
Flat-Chested

Western Canadian Archives SFLN Collection

Post by Flat-Chested » Sat May 09, 2020 5:21 pm

Western Canadian Archives is pleased to announce that the museum now owns the world’s largest collection of 1878 San Francisco Long Nocks. Should one wish to view the 1878 San Francisco Long Nock Collection, please contact Western Canadian Archives at Box 203 Blaine Lake Saskatchewan Canada, S0K 0J0. All are encouraged to help build this collection, either send the appropriate coins, or consider making a donation to the museum so that additional San Francisco Long Nocks can be acquired. Please make all cheques and money orders payable to Western Canadian Archives, Box 203 Blaine Lake Saskatchewan Canada, S0K 0J0. If making a pilgrimage to the museum during the spring or summer months, be aware there is an extremely large infestation of Deer Ticks and other spiders, wear light colored clothes, tuck your pants into your socks, and insure you utilize a strong insect repellent. Keep your children and shorter family members close as there are predatory animals lurking in the bush. A big thank you to all the Americans who already parted with their San Francisco Long Nocks, and thanking all in advance who are considering to contribute in the future. -Daryl K.

messydesk
Site Admin

Re: Western Canadian Archives SFLN Collection

Post by messydesk » Sat May 09, 2020 8:09 pm

Solicitation to buy coins moved to BST forum.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

morganman

Post by morganman » Sat May 09, 2020 8:42 pm

Any previous yrs dealings with canadian coin folks has ended very badly for me
Just saying- Im not sending a dimes worth of money or coins to any other country, Canada especially

Just saying= I hope your legit and do well- I've been burned by Canadian coin guys in past,so pessismistic
:|

iceman

Post by iceman » Sat May 09, 2020 8:55 pm

Flat Chested
What are the grades and is there a link and website ? Quanity VS Quailty .
Whom runs this Western Canadian Archives ? Is it your collection ? Non Profit ?
Send a Link ,so we all can check them out . Just cant see any Western Canadian Archives listed in .

John

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Sat May 09, 2020 9:05 pm

"Any previous yrs dealings with canadian coin folks has ended very badly for me
Just saying- Im not sending a dimes worth of money or coins to any other country, Canada especially
Just saying= I hope your legit and do well- I've been burned by Canadian coin guys in past,so pessismistic"

My dealings with Americans almost always worked out well, but I have almost only received coins from America rather than shipped to there. Just a few times I shipped coins to dealers or auction houses in the States, and that always turned out well, no lost coins. We have a pretty good postal system, any coins that I bought from American or Canadian sellers always arrived. So sorry that your dealings with Canadians didn't go so well, not surprising though as many Canadians treat other Canadians poorly as well. My major complaint is against myself for purchasing ungraded coins that are damaged in some way.

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Sat May 09, 2020 10:03 pm

"What are the grades and is there a link and website ? Quanity VS Quailty .
Whom runs this Western Canadian Archives ? Is it your collection ? Non Profit ?
Send a Link ,so we all can check them out . Just cant see any Western Canadian Archives listed in ."

They are my coins, although not registered as a non-profit it really is, as most of my money I have gets dumped into land aquisition... I labored to save money in order to purchase wetlands and grasslands, for land that is not suitable to cultivate. By eliminating the cattle, the forest increased in size. The forest and grasslands are occupied by birds that include Mountain Bluebirds, Western Bluebirds, Bobolinks, Cowbirds, assorted Warblers, woodpeckers, ducks, geese, owls, hawks, falcons, eagles and many others bird species. My desire is to obtain another 160 acres of marginal land for the birds, the only motivation I have to eventually sell the Long Nocks is so that I can raise the funds towards purchasing another quarter section. Again I invite Americans to visit, especially if they are fond of birds, spiders, salamanders, frogs and other animals.

The Western Canadian Archives website is not yet up and running, it was originally planned to mostly contain old black and white images of early Canadian farm and small town life. Both sides of my family were involved in photography, plus I acquired the missing Theodore Charmbury photographic collection, his negatives had a habit of spontaneously combusting and were believed lost. The Charmbury collection includes many photographs of Prince Albert Saskatchewan in the early 1900's, and includes photos of steam ships that plied the North Saskatchewan River. On one occasion Charmbury's negatives spontaneously combusted and burned down the early University of Saskatchewan in downtown Saskatoon. Most of the surviving negatives are fire damaged in some way or other.

I put the entire photographic collection on hold as I lost hope in it recovering the cash and time I put out in archiving and showing the material. I've determined that all my wealthy relatives and pretty much anybody else interested in the old photos want my work for free, so I am hesitant to post the photos as I don't care for the additional cost of running a website, nor do I relish the thought donating many hundreds of additonal hours of thankless work. I found more pleasure in life by relaxing and watching birds than laboring for wealthy relatives for free. Canadians have lost their desire to embrace their heritage and instead work to give the country away to others from distant continents.

The graded collection now stands at: 22x VAM-26, 24x VAM-27, 23x VAM 56, 23x VAM-57, 10x VAM-58, 10x VAM-59, 5x VAM-62 and 1x VAM-72... 3x AG3, 6x G04, 9x G06, 18x VG8, 16x VG10, 12x F12, 12x F15, 12x VF20, 9x VF25, 9x VF30, 5x VF35, 6x EF40, and 1x EF45, and I have a small handfull of raw Long Nocks that need to be holdered and included. I'm pretty happy to have obtained ten of the VAM-59's. My birthday is coming up in February and I may purchase additional Long Nocks for myself, then.

iceman

Post by iceman » Sat May 09, 2020 10:28 pm

Flat Chested
Sounds Like a Great place to enjoy your collecting and the Wilderness .
Cool idea and looks like your trying to save some Candian Treasures of the land and wildlife .
John

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Sun May 10, 2020 5:17 am

Likely the coins will stay as part of the permanent collection of the museum, so 10% of the San Francisco Long Nocks are now lost to other collectors. Sorry.

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:29 pm

Well my birthday is coming up again, in just a little over six months from now. I hope that you folks would be so kind and find your unwanted duplicate coins and get them up for sale, I am hoping for three more VAM-58's, three more VAM-59's, a single VAM-60, two more VAM-62's and a single VAM-72, please (just ten coins). There are San Francisco Long Nocks that are holdered without attribution by any of the grading companies, such coins are acceptable for the museum. Also them SF Long Nocks in the old blue ANACS holders would be greatly appreciated. Thanking all in advance.

morganman

Post by morganman » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:03 am

Really !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??????????????????? 100% Pessismist here

VamHelsing

Post by VamHelsing » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:33 am

I'm assuming you want them donated? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:44 am

Expecting no free ride, send a PM.

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:23 pm

Western Canadian Archives also has a collection of Indian war hammers and Indian projectile points, these items are illegal to sell, so if you want to make a donation of these type of items, feel free to ship them to: Western Canadian Archives, Box 203 Blaine Lake Saskatchewan Canada, S0J 0J0.

morganman

Post by morganman » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:13 am

I also have projectile collectibles that will be used if and when our wonderful Government
decides to try and steal our Gold & precious metals. Just saying that AR anything is good
merchandise if anybody tries to steal your stuff. Canadian anything not for me

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:16 pm

by morganman » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:13 am <snip> "Canadian anything not for me" <endquote>

Yes indeed, Americans would rather invest in China and make computers and computer chips there, then refuse to sell used computers or even silver coins to Canadian buyers on eBay.

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:17 pm

I thank the members of VAMWorld for helping me acquire the collection of San Francisco Long Nocks, I would not have been able to amass such a collection of coins without your help.