San Francisco Long Nock February Sale

Post advertisements for direct or eBay sales, want lists, and items for trade here
Forum rules
Commercial posts may be made here. Group all coin sales under a single thread. All offers to sell must include a price. Please edit your posts after selling items to keep this board cleaned up. Do not post your phone number or address here, for security reasons.
Flat-Chested

San Francisco Long Nock February Sale

Post by Flat-Chested » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:00 am

For my birthday last February I treated myself by purchasing the majority of the 1878 San Francisco Long Nocks offered on the internet that month, now my hope is that most people are holding off on selling these coins because they are waiting for February, so I might again purchase their Long Nocks as presents for myself, then. With any luck it will become a tradition and record numbers of San Francisco Long Nocks will be sold at auction houses this coming February and in the February’s of future years. Give up on the dream of ever building a complete set of San Francisco Long Nocks - join with others in selling your San Francisco Long Nocks this coming February, perhaps to me.

iceman

Re: San Francisco Long Nock February Sale

Post by iceman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:36 pm

Flat Chested
Never give up on a Dream . If others are like me it just makes me more stubborn and
driven to complete the set . LOL . Its just my nature to be competitive and accept challenges . Thats what makes it fun , and thanks for the fire under the butt on these . LOL

colwillys

Post by colwillys » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:18 pm

Yours is Long Nock . Mine is Complete Top 50 Set , I worked and had FUN hunting the 1925-S VAM 3A .It took
years of hunting then on day it showed up .. The seller had no idea . Their are 3 in the SSDC now , my coin
is AU 55 . I am still on the hunt for an MS 1925-S VAM 3A . Someday I will find it . It would be nice to have the
D C coin , have to check see if it is MS ..
Do not give up , keep moving and you will find the eagle .

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:12 pm

And for those who persevered and actually completed their San Francisco Long Nock sets, consider selling and moving on to new and greater challenges. Realize that for everything there is a season, a time for everything under heaven, a time to gather up them San Francisco Long Nocks and a time to cast them San Francisco Long Nocks away. February is good time to cast away them San Francisco Long Nocks as I should have some money available for you by then. They are too difficult for most people to attribute anyway.

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:24 pm

Well it is that magical time of the year again when people start to prepare for the annual February San Francisco Long Nock sale, perhaps done in part to help cover their economic losses accumulated in December due to their purchase of unnecessary junk for largely ungrateful family members. I sincerely hope that the VAMWORLD community can join together to help make this coming February San Francisco Long Nock sale an even greater event than the unprecedented and widely successful February 2019 sale. All the best to you and your family members for the upcoming annual San Francisco Long Nock February sale!!!

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:15 pm

My hope is that I will wake up tomorrow morning and there will be great multitudes of San Francisco Long Nocks being advertised for auction on eBay… collectors will realize that selling off their SFLN collections will assist them to raise the funds to focus on their favorite coins, whether they be 8-tail feathered Philly’s or Carson City’s. Exciting times, may not be able to sleep tonight.

iceman

Post by iceman » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:16 pm

Flat_chested
How it work for you , maybe later this month more will be listed , Keep up the hope !!!

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:51 pm

I'm getting a bit picky... I have seven 1878-s VAM-26 in VG10 (3xANACS, 1xNGC, 2xPCGS, 1xPCI), I'm considering slowing down on my VAM-26 VG10 collection. I have most every long nock being offered in the grade it is being offered in, while those I lack are tending to be overpriced. I'm like a magpie or crow in that I clean up the lower grade/unwanted SF Long Nocks, doing a public service to the serious American collectors, keeping eBay unlittered of these lower grade coins. Anyway, it is good to have the coins in different grades from the different grading companies, and see how they are largely united in grading the coins in a consistent manner.

lured_in_again

Post by lured_in_again » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:34 pm

Must be more than a few others looking for them as I had a seller relist one as a buy it now on E-bay this last week.... and the coin was grabbed by someone before I could click on it and buy it after they notified me it was relisted.

iceman

Post by iceman » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:18 pm

Yes Im trying to complete my registry set and do Upgrades in grades to some of the
Long Nocks I have . But all the coins I get I keep in the collection .
So Im looking also at Long Nocks to purchase , but they have to be in nice Grades for the collection . Now if one on Ebay is just to cheap I will BUY IT . But then the coin is relegated to the GP collection and Not the registry collection . LOL . Maybe one day I will trade GP stuff for the Coins I need . But I have never sold anything on Ebay as of yet . Dont see that happening for a long time .

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:54 pm

iceman says "... Im trying to complete my registry set... do Upgrades in grades to some of the Long Nocks I have. But all the coins I get I keep in the collection. So Im looking also at Long Nocks to purchase..."

Sad, this thread is supposed to be about me and my coming birthday, and how you folks will be offering up your San Francisco Long Nocks for sale so that I may build my collection.

VamHelsing

Post by VamHelsing » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:07 pm

I see there's currently at least 55 LN's on ebay. So you're going to buy 50 of them, right?

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:38 pm

VamHelsing: "I see there's currently at least 55 LN's on ebay. So you're going to buy 50 of them, right?"

Most coins offered are details coins that are damaged in some way, I have enough of those. I do sometimes purchase RAW coins in the hope that they grade. I''ll try to buy all the good VAM-60's and 72's offered. It's already the second day of February and still no 60's nor 72's being offered, I thought people would have offered these up for sale by now. Maybe they haven't heard of this sale yet.

iceman

Post by iceman » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:58 pm

Flat_Chested
Kind of hard to call it a Sale . When your the buyer !!! LOL . Good Try It never hurts to try .

VamHelsing

Post by VamHelsing » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:36 am

I don't see how that's going to work. What happened to buying 90%
of all LN's listed on the internet and making the market as you stated earlier in this thread?

Just confused I guess. So you're NOT going to make the market???

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:58 am

VamHelsing » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:36 pm
What happened to buying 90% of all LN's listed on the internet and making the market as you stated earlier in this thread?

I was referring to February 2019, in that month I estimate that I purchased about 90% of the SFLN's offered. I treated myself because it was my birthday. Now I am a year older and a year wiser, I intend to treat myself and purchase a few, but likely not so many. Anyway, you remind me of a pushy red-headed freckled kid who comes to some poor kid's birthday party, then purposely steps on his new toy train and drops his cake on the livingroom carpet.

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:12 pm

VamHelsing; Just confused I guess. So you're NOT going to make the market???

Just what would happen to the market if I offered over 116 SFLN's on eBay at once? The prices of SFLN's would fall... by flooding the market I would make the market fall. There are generally about 10 properly graded SFLN's offered on eBay at any one time, at this particular time those being offered are quite pricey. What would happen to the SFLN market if I bought them all for the high prices requested? By buying all or the majority of the offered coins for the high prices requested, I would make the market rise. Markets are made by supply and demand, there was a glut of SFLN's on the market in 2018, these coins continued to go unsold in January 2019, so I bought them in February 2019 (as a birthday present to myself), thereby saving the market from stagnating (or worse yet, falling or even crashing). It was a good deed I did. I'm pretty happy with myself, and moreso as it is now February, and my birthday is coming up again.

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:49 pm

I am wondering if anybody is considering offering their Gene L. Henry San Francisco Long Nocks for sale. I have a collection of these and desire to keep his collection and legacy intact. It would be a wonderful birthday present if I could obtain another, this month.

lewisr2

Post by lewisr2 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:56 pm

flat-chested
I have four long nocks 2-V26 and 2-V27.
They are raw and are low grade -- around VG8 to VG10.
I would like to sell -- if interested send me an email.
My email address is on the Member List.

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:22 am

It is actually sad news that you would want to sell such coins as I think the San Francisco Long Nocks are keepers... sent you a PM.